• Dr. Belcon graduated magna cum laude from McMaster University with a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Chemistry. Then, after graduating with a MD degree from the Howard University, College of Medicine, Washington, DC, he returned to Canada to complete postgraduate studies at McMaster University Postgraduate Medicine Training Program where he also simultaneously obtained a Master’s Degree in Health Science, Health Research Methodology (DM&E).
• He completed postgraduate studies in Internal Medicine and the sub-specialties of Rheumatology, Clinical Immunology & Allergy from McMaster University Postgraduate Medicine Training Program.
• He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and is Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Rheumatology from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
• He is also a Board Certified Clinical Densitometrist from the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
• He subsequently obtained a Master’s (MPH) and a PhD degree in Public Health (Epidemiology) from Florida International University, Miami where he did epidemiological research, his PhD thesis and published numerous articles on Health Disparities in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Dr. Belcon then assumed a position on the faculty of the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University, as Associate Professor of Medicine in the Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, where he taught Medical Students, Interns, Residents and Fellows.
• He also began research in outcome-disparities in systemic lupus erythematosus patients before returning to clinical practice with WellMedica Specialty Clinic in Canada.
• He is a longtime member of the Ontario Medical Association, Canadian Medical Association and the American Medical Association; he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Rheumatology.
• Dr. Belcon is devoted to treating patients with complex medical conditions including immune mediated and connective tissue disorders. He focuses on improving patients' quality of life by using safe and effective ways to relieve pain, prevent joint/tissue damage and control disease activity. This stems from his sustained and concerted interest in managing complex Rheumatological and Immunological disorders. At the same time he hopes to grow a thriving Allergy practice in Southern Ontario with WellMedica.